Friday 15 May 2009

Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a Day (Winifred Watson)

The book for June is Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
Meeting on Tuesday June 2nd at 6.30pm
...but don't fret if you can't make it. Now you can still take part even if you can't come along to the monthly meetings (you'll miss out on the banter and the cake though). Just read the book and post your own comments after 2nd June to let us know what you thought.
Further reading
Winifred Watson (obituary from The Independent)

6 comments:

  1. Cake? It's Gin Martini's with Miss Pettigrew!

    Thanks for taking this on.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Kniterati before but am very tempted to do so and chat about this one, I LOVE this book...
    I also like cake.
    See you there, with a long and increasingly boring piece of moss stitch on the needles xxxx fern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could come, but live in Nottingham :-(

    A great book, though. I read it before seeing the film, and was very disappointed by Frances McDormand. Liked the rest of it overall, thouhg.

    The book is such a cheery, fun one - hope the evening is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake and gin..... hhmmmm...... who else can I entice to join me here in New Zealand. Looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this book - Pressie from my Sis , and I read it very quickly. The characters are wonderfully written , as is the plot, and it is a very easy read .
    Have fun discussing.
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the book, loved the book group. Gin Martinis were lovely, along with the nibbles.

    Book was a delight to read, took no effort to understand and was a nice, soft and squishy story with a happy ending (at last).

    I'm on to "Restless" now.

    ReplyDelete